"God is within her. She will not fail."

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Just a Thought...

So...lately for some reason, some of my professors have been talking about birth control. How it's becoming more popular. They're not actually stating their opinions but they keep saying how some people don't approve of birth control because it's going against God's will and that they're playing God. I can see why they would believe this. I think it's a very valid point, but in a way isn't that almost like saying that when you decide to go on chemo or even go off of chemo and refuse treatment, that you're playing God? Despite whether or not you decide to get treatment God is still gonna do according to His plan.

Another reason for this thought and why I disagree with people who don't like birth control is because...I take birth control. I don't take it for the reason you're thinking, but when people say things like that it just adds to my shame. Stop stereotyping.

Many girls take it because of irregular periods or some even have disorders that cause them to have to go on birth control. My sister has polycistic ovarian syndrome so she has to take birth control. I had to start taking birth control after I had a period that lasted for 6 weeks. If you've never had a period that lasts for that long, be thankful and you have NO IDEA how painful that is. I started off not having a period, then my periods were coming and going every other or every other two weeks until I had one that didn't stop. Throughout the whole process to determine that it was just a hormone imbalance I was depressed. I gained 40 pounds, so I had to stop dancing because I was too self-conscious about my body. I had frequent thoughts of suicide. I felt guilty because at the time my parents wouldn't let my sister take birth control. I had frequent doctor's visits and I HATE the doctor. Since I was depressed I stopped hanging out with my friends. I had THE WORST cramps that felt like I was being stabbed and they'd come on suddenly and wouldn't go away.

So...please, next time you talk about birth control be aware of your audience.

Another side note. I would never recommend that a girl go on birth control just because she has a lot of acne or bad cramps. Or if you do to take them temporarily. Birth control that contains estrogen has been known to increase your risk of cancers. But birth control that contains progestin has been known to decrease your risk.

Just keep this thought in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment