"God is within her. She will not fail."

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Why I Love My Fasha.

So, today, after watching Jane Eyre yesterday and reading Jillian Dare (a modern edit of Jane Eyre) I began to think about my father and how if it were not for him I would have never come to love this book so much so here is my dad's list of why I love him so much.

1. As stated above, he gave me my first ever classic and Jane Eyre book and since then I have fallen more and more in love with the novel.
2. He loves me and his family unconditionally.
3. He was the only man growing up, unlike many other people in his situation, he chose not to follow in his father's footsteps for that I will always be grateful.
4. He's so kind to his mother and aunt. It's so cute. :)
5. He is dedicated and works VERY hard to support his family.
6. He's helping me pay for college.
7. He and Mom brought me to Christ.
8. Along with that he baptized me and confirmed me.
9. And along with that he and Mom gave me my Concordia Self-Study Bible on confirmation and I am SO glad they did because it's been a HUGE help in my theology class.
10. He believes in me and my abilities.
11. He never missed a band concert or dance recital.
12. He is such a man. He puts others' comfort above his own and tries to be all tough.
13. He's so excited about being a grampy and he's going to be a great one. He's always sympathized with his children for never having a real grandfather.
14. When I'm the one who is supposed to make dinner when Mom's working he's always the one to do it because he doesn't like to wait for dinner. :)
15. When I was being harassed at school he said he would drive 2 hours to come and stay at my dorm room with a baseball bat. :)
16. He always gives me, my sister, and Mom presents. (I guess we know what his love language is). :)
17. He has very good taste in books.
18. He is a very talented musician. I wish I would have made him teach me how to play the violin and I could have been a famous musician. :)
19. He has the craziest weirdest funniest jokes and impressions. One time he tried to make fun of my band director and gave him an Aramaic accent.
20. For every mistake I've made and all the things I've done to hurt him he has offered me forgiveness (Just like my Heavenly Father). :)
21. Ha...if my mom would have let him, he would have done all my homework in school. :) He loves to learn.

In S.D. a few summers ago. :) Dad always wanted to see Mt. Rushmore and we did. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment