"God is within her. She will not fail."

Monday, December 6, 2010

Puppy Love

So all this snow that we've been getting up here at school is really making me anxious for Christmas and to be with my family. The newest member to our family is Peter Frampton, our mutt puppy. I can't help but wonder how he  would be able to survive in the snow up here since he's so small. :) I also decided to write this because I should be studying and practicing my final speech, but I really don't want to. :)
It's been a while since my family and I have had a dog. Our last dog passed away in February of 2009.
Some people do not treat dogs very kindly or have a high opinion of them. They think that people treat them better than other people and that they do not deserve that much love or attention. I agree that some people do treat their pets better than their family or other people, but the more I think about it the more I think, "You can't really blame them."
Not only has research shown that a person is likely to live longer if they have a pet, but also that it is a better stress reliever for a person to seek the comfort of  their pet rather than a person. There's also something about the love that comes from a puppy that is different then the kind given from people. Dogs seem to have this sixth sense where they can tell when something is bothering you without you even having to tell them. Can't do that with people. And believe me, many women hope that men were smart enough to know what they're feeling without having to tell them. Dogs are great exercise buddies because they don't make you feel self-conscious. They don't judge you by your appearance and you can't really compare your body to theirs. :) Pets are also great for the older population because sometimes their pet may literally be all they have. Plus puppies are just so stinken cute and personally I find their little whimpers and whines to be less annoying then an infant's waling. No offense to babies because I love them too and I'm still excited about my niece/nephew arriving. Only about a month more to go!

The last thing I want to say that is so great about a puppy is that they won't ever betray you. They can't spread lies about you or tell others your secrets. People think sometimes that a parent will treat a pet better than a child which I know is true because I've been a witness to it. But I think the reason behind that is because puppies are a lot easier to train than people are. We are so complex. We ask questions and there always has to be a reason for something. Plus, with some things it just takes us longer to learn. Parents may also do this because they think they can get away with more. Kids will talk back and try to argue. Pets don't do that and if they do they get beat and the dog can't do anything about it. There's a lot more tolerance for animal abuse than child abuse. Though I can see how that may be reversed because it takes a lot for a child to get taken out of the home and many cases go unreported. But maybe that aggression that parents have for their children they take out on their pets and vice versa. I just want people to have respect for animals but to also have respect for people. I believe that animals do have feeling and a soul. Maybe not the same as humans but they do, because God created them too. He created them first. There just needs to be a nice balance between puppy love and human love.
Me and FramptonMiss Daisy May :)

No comments:

Post a Comment