"God is within her. She will not fail."

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

This summer is just another chapter...

Well, since yesterday I blogged about going back to school today I thought I would blog about how my summer was (although I probably should have blogged about the summer before I blogged about this next school year. Oh well). Nothing too exciting happened this summer. I wasn't able to go on any vacations this year (not even to my gma's. How sad). :( But that's okay because next summer my other gma is paying for my whole family to go on a cruise so I'm pretty stoked about that because it's the first time I've ever been on a cruise.

I spent the majority of my summer babysitting 3 kids that I babysat last year. They're not family. They're not friends of the family or from church. I found the family last year on a website care.com. But I kinda like to think that God sent them to me. :) The family situation isn't the greatest (I could have done my whole internship journal on them) and I spent most of my time getting aggravated with them (and their mom) and being kinda mean to them. But I like to think that I was a good influence on them and that maybe I helped them some how. I know that I learned a lot from them and hopefully will become a better babysitter because of them.

And on the days that I wasn't babysitting I was at an internship that was 2 1/2 hours away but was a great place to be. I was interning at Baptist Children's Home, a group home for teenagers (11-21) who are either sent their because their parents can't handle them or they get sent there by the state. It was really great to see a bunch of Christians working together and using their talents to help others in need. Everybody their truly cared about the residents and wanted to see them get better. It was also great to get to know some of the residents. They were honestly good kids, just misguided. I can't wait to see what their futures hold.

And when all that was over me and my sister had the pleasure (not) of getting our wisdom teeth out. We were definitely some of the unfortunates who have trouble with them. Then Dad got his surgery but that was a relief to have it done and for him to now be cancer-free PRAISE THE LORD!

Then of course in the mist of all this there was the occasional doctors appointments, movies, hanging with friends, working on stuff for school,
swimming, babysitting Grace, going to the mall, reading awesometastic books, and being lazy.

You know, it actually wasn't that bad of a summer overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment