"God is within her. She will not fail."

Monday, August 15, 2011

Dear Eugene,

Today Grandma and Aunt Lidka came to visit with Dad to see how he was doing after his surgery. Remember I told you about Dad getting prostate cancer? He went ahead and got his prostate removed so thank God they got it all and he should be okay. While Grandma and Aunt Lidka were visiting Grandma was telling us about how when she divorced you at the time she thought it was the worst thing ever but now she looks back on it and views it as a blessing. She says she was so fortunate to have raised such wonderful children and to have had such a good job. Grandma doesn't think Dad would have turned out the way he did if you would have stuck around. Honestly, I don't know how Dad would have turned out. But I do think that if you had stuck around my sibling and I would not have been emotionally abandoned. That's what Dad did to us. He didn't know what it was like to have a father so he didn't know how to act like one.

I've always said that I forgive you for what you did but I just really hope and pray that not a day in your life went by without you thinking about Grandma, Dad, Aunt Michelle, Aunt Chris, Aunt Andy, and all the other people you hurt. I knew there was good in you. Grandma wouldn't have fallen in love with you if there was not...I just wish I would have been able to see that side of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment