"God is within her. She will not fail."

Sunday, January 16, 2011

When I grow up I want to be...

So I had a nice conversation with my mom this evening. She's really good at consoling me or being brutally honesty and telling me how it is. Today the reason I needed consoling and brutality was because since the beginning of the semester I've once again been experiencing doubts about my current major and career goals. Should I stick with Psychology and Deaf Studies? Should I just do Interpreting? Should I switch to Sociology because maybe if I did that I could double major and get done in less than 5 years and maybe the classes won't be as scary as my psych classes are turning out to be.
 Of course this has happened because I've just recently started the semester and the classes are a little harder, a little more boring, and I have new teachers. So these feeling are definitely normal, but it's not the first time I've experienced these feelings and I'm just really tired of experiencing them. I'm tired of doubting and not being content with my life. After I got off the phone with my mom I started to think about dreams and careers and I came to the conclusion that it's okay to have a lot of interests and to dream. So I compiled a list of everything I want to be when I grow up.

1. A loving wife
2. A caring mother, who's not afraid to make mistakes
3. A devote Christian who's not so doubtful of everything (I guess that probably should have been #1)
4. A helpful daughter
5. A fun & goofy aunt
6. A gracious sister and sister-in-law
7. A thoughtful and considerate friend
8. A wise & effective counselor working with children & families teaching them to value themselves, be good communicators, and help them in times of crisis.
9. A wise & effective counselor helping teens with self-mutilation, addiction, and eating disorders.
10. A helpful and knowledgeable interpreter for the Deaf.
11. A trainer training dogs to help other people.
12. A graceful and carefree dancer
13. A creative and excited writer who touches the soul of others with the written word.
14. A song writer but not a singer
15. An inspiration to others
16. A motivated hardworking student and educator

So those are just my dreams in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment