"God is within her. She will not fail."

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Dear Grace

Dear Grace,
Today you were brought into God's family through holy baptism. Lucky Grandpa had the honor of baptising you. I think he feels a lot better now that you're finally baptized. You were definitely a big hit tonight. Everyone wanted to hold you. Everybody was kissing you and commenting on how cute you were. I have a confession to make...I was a little jealous. Not that you were getting all the attention, but because there are so many people on this earth that love you. I wanted to have you all to myself and be the one to show you the most love. Then I realized that by doing so I'm not really loving you at all. First of all, I'm not your mother so there's NO WAY I could love you more than they do, but I also remembered a point that was made in chapel Wednesday, "The earth is the Lord's and everything in it, the world and all who live in it."-Psalm 24:1
You see Grace, you do not just belong to your parents but to God. Most importantly to God. No matter how much your parents or I or all these other wonderful people in your life try to love you and do what's best for you, ultimately God is the one in charge. You are His. He is the one to love you, to heal you when your sick, and to "fix" you whenever you become a rebellious teenager. :)
But I definitely think that one way God shows us His love is through others. We love because He first loved us. I want you to always remember that Grace. Even during your saddest darkest days remember how much Jesus loves you.

And how much I love you.
Love Always,
Aunt Liz xo's

P.S. Pictures of the baptism are soon to follow.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, that's beautiful Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh...I wonder why I never saw that comment. Well, thanks Mom you know like 2 weeks later. :)

    ReplyDelete